Q. What do I need to know before I visit the libraries?
Details about returning services and recent changes to help you plan your visit now that we've reopened.
Current students, staff, and faculty are welcome to browse, borrow, study, and use the computers in both campus libraries starting Monday, July 12th. No reservations are needed! View our current hours.
For your visit, you must follow the updated COVID campus guidelines, which require:
- completing the NCC Health Check
- displaying your NCC ID
- washing your hands frequently
- wearing masks when on campus and in college buildings, including the library, if you are unvaccinated
A few recent changes
If you've visited our libraries before, things may be a little different now. Here's what you can expect:
- Designated conversation and quiet zones -- work in the noise environment of your choice!
- Small snacks and covered drinks -- allowed, except at our computers.
- Sanitize equipment -- before and after use, with provided wipes.
- Overdue fines -- eliminated, forever! Replacement fees will still be charged for lost or damaged items.
Library to Go & Library to Go PLUS are staying
Library to Go service.equest materials from either library collection for free home delivery or library pickup with our
Scanning and digital reserves available when possible, subject to 20-page limit and copyright considerations.
In-person research help and instruction returns
in-person research help
- Book a Librarianto schedule an appointment for a research consultation.
- Chat, email, and phone assistance are still available.
Study rooms are open
Our group study rooms can be reserved for a minimum of 2 people at the Circulation and Information desks or by calling (610) 861-5360 for Bethlehem study rooms and (570) 369-1810 for Monroe study rooms. Reservations are suggested, but not required.
Individuals may use the rooms on a first-come, first-served basis, but will be asked to move if a group requests one.
Testing by appointment
Testing and exam proctoring at the Bethlehem campus Mack Library is currently by appointment only. Schedule an appointment through your exam provider's website. When you arrive on campus, you must complete a brief welllness checklist and receive a visitor wristband at the College Center check-in table, after which you may proceed to the library and the testing center. Learn more at our Testing Center page.
Exam proctoring is not available at the Monroe campus ESSA Bank & Trust Foundation Library at this time.
A note to our community guests
Unfortunately, following current campus guidelines means the public and our community guests are not allowed in the libraries during the Summer II session (July 12th - August 28th).
We hope to have a positive update as the start of the college's Fall semester gets closer.